This is an important message from ALERT Indian River
The National Weather Service has forecast the potential for severe weather to impact all of east central Florida on Sunday afternoon/evening.
Strong to severe thunderstorms will include strong wind gusts in excess of 55-60 mph, large hail (at least quarter-sized), frequent lightning, torrential rainfall, and a potential for tornadoes.
Protective Actions to take when Dangerous Weather Approaches
- Stay indoors unless it is absolutely necessary.
- Postpone outdoor activities.
- Monitor the weather on your NOAA Weather Radio.
- If you hear thunder, immediately move to a safe place. Remember: When thunder roars, go indoors.
- If you hear thunder, do not use a corded phone. Cordless phones, cell phones, and other wireless handheld devices are safe to use.
- Keep away from electrical equipment, wiring and water pipes. Don’t take a bath, shower or use other plumbing during a thunderstorm.
If you would like to edit the way you receive these messages, please LOGIN